Monday, May 21, 2012

Motherhood

Things can be hard.


I pretty much havn't completed anything in my life (as my dad kindly pointed out to me the other day). I think the reason for this is because I like to be the best and if I'm not the best, I just give up.


Since being a mother, sadly I have felt the same way. I feel I'm either not doing a good enough job or someone could do better. Then I look at my baby girl and I don't want anyone else doing my job.


In life there is probably someone who can always do something better then you but as Elbert Hubbard has stated "there is no failure except in no longer trying. There is no defeat except from within, no really insurmountable barrier save our own inherent weakness of purpose."


I have to come to terms with the fact that I can only do the best I can do!


Sometimes its hard to cope. I hope I'm not the only one, and it may be because I'm pregnant and emotional, but sometimes I need time out. I feel like a child but I lay on my bed and just cry. It's just the way I'm coping with things lately. 


E is very stubborn and strong willed, she loves to ignore me and do what ever she wants. I get sick of telling her no to the same thing fifty times a day, and even while she is doing something I don't want her to, I have to say no at least 5 times and even then she isn't listening/ignores me. E seems to need to touch everything she isn't meant to. I don't really have places up high to put things in the house where she cant get to them so she needs to learn just not to touch!?!


I think E just loves to make my life difficult...


A nappy change and a clothes change is another difficult part of my day. As I said she is stubborn. How do you make someone do something you want them to? Generally I can get her nappy off, (if she has actually comes to me, which can be a challenge in its self) however cleaning her bot and trying to get another back on is another story (kicking and rolling/getting up and going limp so I cant stand her up to pull up her pants). I don't want her to just get away with these things, 'you do what mum says' right?

No comments:

Post a Comment