Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas Day 2011

Christmas is over, for another year.
Its always a busy day filled with family, good food and great gifts (as always).
The day started at N's parents house with a yummy breakfast (bacon, eggs and croissants) and presents, so many presents, E definitely got spoilt with presents from her nan and pa, Auntie S and Uncle A.
It was then time to head to my parents - we take it in turns with who we spend lunch with, this year it was my parents with my sister, her hubby and my beautiful niece. My niece just couldn't wait to her open presents under the amazing tree my parents had decorated, its all just too tempting. Again E got extremely spoilt from her other nan and pa, Aunty M, Uncle D and Cuz R! Everything is too temping about Christmas Day, for the kids its the presents, for the adults its eating and drinking too much, speaking of which once the presents were opened, our energy levels were low, definitely time for lunch!


We had all the trimmings - ham, turkey and pork - cauliflower and broccoli with cheese sauce, peas, beans and roasted potato. Mmmmmm bring on those extra calories! My mums sweets are the best though, nothing but the best - Lindt Lindor chocolates, fresh home-made ice cream and pavlova. Could not have been any more full, I thought I was going to roll home or to the beach since that's where we were heading.
We hit the road and hit with the thunderstorm and hail which was reported all around Melbourne. The hail we got was no where near as exciting as other reports, ours was about the size of marbles not even photo worthy however half way to the beach it just stopped raining, I was sure it was following us!



But it never came.
N and I finished the night off by watch FastFive (which he got from Santa) :)
Could not have asked for a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment